In Exchange 2010/2007, use the EMC. The new term for a Contact isMailContact.
Create a MailContact using the Exchange Management Console(EMC)
- Expand Recipeint Configuration Mail Contact
- In the Action pane, click New Mail Contact
- To create a new Contact object, leave the default (New Contact) selected click Next
- Type First name, Last name
- Click Edit to add the external email address
- Click New to complete creation of new MailContact
Alternatively, use the Shell to create a new MailContact:
New-MailContact -Name “Foo User” -ExternalEmailAddress “email@example.com
Next, we set the recipient’s Delivery Options to deliver to the alternate recipient.
Now that we have a MailContact created for the external recipient’s email address, we can forward mail for the Exchange recipient to the MailContact. To configure mail forwarding using the EMC:
- Expand Recipeint Configuration Mailbox select mailbox properties Mail Flow Settingstab Delivery Options
- Under Forwarding address, select Forward to
- Click Browse to select the MailContact
- Optional: If a copy of the message needs to be delivered to both the external recipient and the original recipient’s mailbox, select the Deliver message to both forwarding address and mailbox.